It’s up to us to fight for them.
December 10th marks International Animal Rights Day. ProNorth Medical encourages all healthcare providers and especially veterinary practices to participate in observing this globally renowned day.
Originally established in 1998 by the Centre for Animals & Social Justice (formerly Uncaged), this day encourages people to consider animals as “sentient beings who experience pain” and feelings in the same ways that humans do.
This organization, as well as many others like the BC SCPA, aims to change the narrative that animals are human property into one that considers them as companion animals instead of pets. International Animal Rights Day reminds us how important it is to:
- Ban animal testing, including pharmaceutical tests, vaccine tests, military experiments, maternal-deprivation experiments, and invasive brain experiments.
- Refrain from using animals for entertainment and sporting events. This includes riding horses and camels, keeping animals in zoos, and engaging in rodeos.
- Eliminate all forms of violence against animals.
- Use the hashtag #InternationalAnimalRightsDay on social media to spread awareness.
This day serves as a reminder that freedom, dignity, respect, and justice should extend to all living beings.
As a proud supporter of the The British Columbia Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (BC SPCA), ProNorth Medical is excited to observe International Animal Rights Day. The BC SPCA’s mission is to “protect and enhance the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in B.C. It is the only animal welfare organization in B.C. with the authority to enforce animal cruelty laws under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act (PCA Act).”
As a supplier based in British Columbia, ProNorth Medical makes regular contributions to the BC SPCA to help keep the organization alive.
In honor of International Animal Rights Day, ProNorth will be donating a portion of all sales between December 8th- December 10th to the BC SPCA. This organization’s mission, “speaking for animals,” resonates with our group’s commitment to helping healthcare professionals improve patient outcomes – those patients include animals.
We encourage all customers to participate in International Animal Rights Day in the following ways:
- Refrain from using products from companies that test on animals.
- Go meat-free for the day.
- Refrain from wearing and using leather and fur.
- Follow #InternationalAnimalRightsDay on social media.
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter.
- Make a charitable donation to an animal rights advocacy group. We suggest the BC SPCA.
Don’t forget that a portion of all purchases from ProNorth Medical made between December 8th and December 10th will go towards the BC SPCA!
For additional information or guidance on how to get involved, please visit us at pronorthmedical.com. Also be sure to follow us on social media:
Instagram: @pronorthmed #SutureExperts
YouTube: ProNorth Medical Corporation